Image Map

Jan 10, 2011

Review: Dead is Just a Rumor by Marlene Perez


3 soft & chewy snickerdoodles.

Cover Love: I do like the covers for the Dead Is books. They are all eye catching, simple and colorful.

Why I Wanted To Read This Book:
I have enjoyed all the Dead Is... books. This is the fourth in the series. The other books in order are: Dead is the New Black, Dead is a State of Mind and Dead is so Last Year. Check out the trailer for this one:


I Kept Reading: to solve the mystery!

Romance?: Yes, and I still love Daisy and Ryan together.

What I Liked (& Didn't): I liked that Daisy and her sisters are growing closer. That is pretty true to life with most siblings relationships--the older you both get the closer you grow.

I really didn't like how Daisy's mom ignored how Daisy's dad was treating Daisy. However, I like how the author let Daisy and her dad work it out and in the end it all was good.

I like how there were some things that weren't tied up when the book ended. It gives the reader a good starting point for the next book.

I have to say I was a tad disappointed that this book didn't talk about the food Daisy cooked as much. In the previous books I have always come out of the reading with a post for my Food From Fiction series. I didn't this time! Sad.

I was glad to see some of the other creatures in Nightshade come out. What a funky little town!

What I Would Like To See: I want Daisy and Ryan to stay together. I also want to keep seeing Daisy use her powers. I am excited for the fifth book, which I was able to download from NetGalley!

To Sum Up: While I didn't feel this one was a strong as the previous books it was still a fun read with a good mystery.

Book bought from book fair.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a gas! Liking your new sleeker review layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet. I'll add them to my already sky-high TBR list. :-)

    ReplyDelete