Image Map

Nov 30, 2012

My Thoughts: Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey

3.5 soft snickerdoodles.

Cover Love:  This isn't the cover of the one I read, but if there is one thing I dislike about this series of books it is the covers!  They just aren't wonderful. 

Why I Wanted to Read This:
I just love the Drake Chronicles.  This is the fourth book in the series and they just keep me so interested. (I even featured this series as one that sizzles--I look forward to each and every new book!)Here's the synopsis for this one from GoodReads:

The Drakes and friends will be tested when an infestation of deadly vampires threatens Violet Hill.

Lucy's cousin Christabel has come to live in Violet Hill, and adjusting to the difference between life in a small mountain town and her home in the city is difficult enough. The strict curfew that Lucy's parents enforce is the worst part. Something really dangerous couldn't possibly happen in this tiny town.
But Christabel has noticed some mysterious happenings, and it seems like Lucy, her boyfriend Nicholas and his brother Connor are all in on a secret that Christabel doesn't understand—one that seems deadly serious. Although she won't admit it, Christabel would love to be in on any secret with Connor Drake. But when she is kidnapped by the ruthless Hel-Blar vampires, Christabel must cause more and more trouble in Violet Hill, Lucy and Connor finally fill Christabel in on all the undead drama. Together, they must find a way to stamp out the Hel-Blar for good.
Romance?: Yes! It wouldn't be a Drake book without romance!

My Thoughts:
I must admit that this wasn't my favorite of the Drake books.  I just don't love Lucy enough to always have her be a POV character.  Also, I realize that the majority of this family is wrapped up in Solange's transformation to queen, but I do wish the books would focus on the brothers more.  We had Nicholas around a lot and Connor as a POV character, but the story just seems to be headed back towards Solange.  Not sure I am that excited about that direction!

Also, Christabel and Connor only met like twice before he was head over heels for her.  He made accurate judgements about her that just seemed like they would've been too quick to form.

I do love this new vampire mythology that Alyxandra Harvey has created, there are new wrinkles with each new book.  I look forward to a resolution and a calmer life for the Drake family!

To Sum Up:  Again, a good new vampire entry into the Drake family.  Love this family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment