Image Map

Dec 3, 2012

My Thoughts: Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

5 warm and chewy chocolate chip cookies.

Cover Love:
I don't really love this cover but it is romantic.

Why I Wanted to Read This:
After reading a few reviews and the synopsis I decided it was my kind of book.  Here it is from GoodReads:

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over.
Romance?: Yes! And it is so hot...

My Thoughts:
First off, I read this book straight through.  I couldn't stop!  It has been a long time since I stayed up so late to finish a book, but I found myself reading way past my bed time.  The biggest reason was to get to the part where John and Meg  "came together" as it were.  They kind of made a deal that they would at the end of her punishment.  There was so much heat and chemistry between these two characters!  In the end, it was kind of a let down for this older reader, but it would be perfect for YA readers.

Both characters were so flawed and could heal each other so well.  I was glad the reasons for their cracks were plausible and understandable.

I didn't like Meg or John much at the beginning and that's what makes this book so great.  We kind of see them (and judge them) as they see and judge each other.  Then we as readers get to strip away their layers as they as characters do the same. And I adored them both by the end!

To Sum Up:  GREAT romance.  Might be a bit mature for my middle school library but I would recommend it for some 8th grade readers I have!

Book checked out from my public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment