Image Map

Feb 21, 2011

Review: It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han


4 yummy Samoas (I am super excited for girl scout cookies)!

Cover Love: Again, yes, I like this cover. It conveys the feeling of the book really well. Attractive models and such also.

Why I Wanted to Read This:
Because I LOVED the first book in this series The Summer I Turned Pretty. LOVED it!! I was very antsy to read this one (although I wish that I had waited until the third one comes out in April so that I could have started the third one ASAP). Here's the synopsis from Amazon:

Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

I Kept Reading Because:
This story and these characters suck me in! And I LOVE Jenny Han! Her romances are awesome--and sad and true to life.

Romance?: Of course! Team Jeremiah over here.

What I Liked (& Didn't):
I cannot read this book without thinking about my own sons! I have a Conrad (or at least a Conrad from the memories Belly gives us in the first book). He is steady, hard working, good at whatever he tries, etc... But, he is also so good-hearted I am not sure he could ever turn into Conrad. And I wanted to shake Belly during the book and say "Conrad isn't the one!!"

I also have a Jeremiah, he's not as good at things as Conrad, but he is totally easy going and funny and has got a great personality. So, I cannot read this book without thinking about my own sons and how they are going to be as young men.

I know Belly loves Conrad and has forever, but I have to root for Jeremiah. I think that Conrad needs Belly, but at the cost of breaking Jeremiah's heart?! I don't know if he could do that to his brother.

There was so much sad about this book, but I loved it nonetheless!

What I Would Like to See Happen:
I have no idea. My focus is on the boys, I want them both to be happy. I don't see either of them truly bring happy without Belly, but there is only one of her. I am almost afraid to read the third book.

To Sum Up: Get me the next book---STAT!

Book checked out from public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment