Image Map

Sep 30, 2009

Library Reading Month

Of course, this is nothing official, but I am going to read books ONLY from my library collection. There is a bunch of books and series that I somehow missed growing up and a lot of new books I ordered and I need to get caught up! I have to be able to promote the books I have so I am going to stop with young adult and adult for a month or so and read from the stack I have at my house. Here is a sample of what I hope to read this month:

N.E.R.D.S by Michael Buckley (new book/series by the author of The Sister's Grimm, a series that I love)
The Moffats by Eleanor Estes (this is an old series that I never read while growing up.)
The Homework Machine by Dan Gutman (this has been on my to-read list for a few years, so I am finally going to get it done)
The Haunted Bridge by Caroline Keene (I was going through my Nancy Drew's and was feeling waves of nostalgia so I decided I have to read one of them this month--this just happens to be the one I grabbed)
The Boys Start the War by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (I have always heard good things about this series and had one student read the whole thing last year. I am hoping it's another fun one I can recommend for those that want something funny after they read Diary of a Wimpy Kid).
The Dragon of Lonely Island by Rebecca Rupp (another one on my to read list for awhile now, and I love dragons)
Jake Ransom and the Skull King's Shadow by James Rollins (an new acquisition to my library's collection, but it looks great and a bit like a young Indidna Jones adventure--I am reading this one right now).

These are just a few I have ready to read. Some are going to be quick and others will take while so I might have to make this my goal for the next six weeks. The important thing will be to stick with it (and that will be really hard if the copy of Fire I have on hold at the public library comes in before I am done with my list)!

No comments:

Post a Comment