Image Map

Jul 19, 2009

When You Reach Me

I haven't been book blogging long...and I am not super active at it anyway. I mainly started as a way to keep track of what I was reading but then I found Good Reads and that really helps me keep track of what I am reading and what I read. Anyway, I have found a couple of "guiding lights" if you will, in the book blogging community, people I look up to, blogs I visit regularly, people that seem really smart and connected. So, when I see all these people loving a book I get super excited to read it.

I put everything else aside when I got my copy of When You Reach Me. There have been so many rave reviews about this book that I sat down and read it straight through, really expecting to love it.

I didn't.

Now, I liked it a lot. Read it straight through, got goosebumps and cried a bit at the end. But I didn't want to turn around and read it right away again. In fact when I was done I asked myself if I was missing something. And now, a day and a lot of reflection later, I am still asking myself what I am missing.

The worst part is that I am writing this thinking that I shouldn't be writing this because my guiding lights loved it, and I didn't. So, I feel a little, dare I say, dumb? But, then again, I have a right to my opinion. I am going to give my copy to my mentor librarian when she gets back from her trip and I can tell you right now, she will LOVE it. She will read it over again and want to discuss every small thing. And maybe that is what I need, someone to discuss it with.

Oh well. I have never been much of an Oscar movie watcher either, always preferring blockbuster--after all my favorite TV show is Supernatural, real deep that one. So, I picked up the fifteenth Stephanie Plum book and am loving that!

No comments:

Post a Comment