Image Map

May 14, 2008

Girl Reading

I have been reading a lot of girl books lately:
The Magic Half by Annie Barrows
Ivy + Bean by Annie Barrows (would be good for my niece Samantha)
Cinderella (as if you didn't already know the story) by Barbara Ensor
Into the Dark by Peter Abrahams

I really enjoyed them all. The Ivy + Bean series would be very good for Samantha, good reading level, cute story, all about girls.

I LOVE the Echo Falls books that Peter Abrahams writes. Ingrid is a very modern Nancy Drew, but still a realistic thirteen year old. I think this one was my favorite one and since the book took place in the winter I might revisit it this summer when I am hot an miserable. I am not sure I will buy them all for my library, but I will get the first one, Down the Rabbit Hole, and if that one gets a lot of action I will add the other ones.

I loaned one of my reading friends, Noah, two of my new books: Battle of the Labryinth and Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing with Fire. He ripped through the Percy book and loved it so when I am done with what I am currently reading I will start that, hopefully this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment