Image Map

May 19, 2008

Boys and Girls

In my library, I am going to be sure to highlight books that I think will capture boy's interests and ones that will capture girl's interests. This weekend I read one of each.
Percy Jackson--The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. Awesome. I just love these books. I couldn't love them more. I am so grateful to the success of Harry Potter because it has opened up a whole new world for children's literature. This is one of the best series to follow Harry Potter. I also LOVE the Alex Rider books.

The "girl" book I read was Elvis & Olive. This was a good innocent book that reminds me of the Penderwicks but is not quite at the level. It had me tearing up at the end. It is the story of a friendship between two girls who are total opposites. I adored this story. I will be ordering if for my library!

No comments:

Post a Comment