Image Map

Nov 3, 2015

My Thoughts: Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke

5 comforting frosted maple cookies

Cover Love:  Yes!  This is simple and eye catching!

Why I Wanted to Read This:
This came in with my latest book order for my library.  It caught my eye because I hadn't been able to finish a book in a while due to the busyness of life and how I tired I was at night.  A book of scary short stories for October by lots of authors I love was just the ticket for my reading slump!  You can read the synopsis on GoodReads here, it's a bit long to repost.

Romance?:  Not so much.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book.  There was not one story that lagged and they were all full of scary imagery.  I loved that each story was "brought forth" from a movie that affected or stayed with the author in some way.  Not only did I discover new authors, but I discovered some new movies I need to watch!  I loved trying to guess what movies the stories were based on--sometimes I was right, sometimes I was wrong.

When I first picked this up I turned right to Jonathan Maberry's story, because he is one of my favorite authors.  It did n;t disappoint, in fact, he needs to flesh that story out into a novel.  It was great.

I read SLEEPLESS by Jay Kristoff right before going to sleep and had nightmares about that one.

While they are all strong and engrossing and terrifying stories, I think my favorite was the one by Marie Lu.  It's called THE GIRL WITHOUT A FACE and it starts out in one place and totally ends up somewhere else.  I loved it.

To Sum Up:  Not one story in this book disappointed.  They were intense and interesting, introduced me to some new authors and was the perfect read for the Halloween season!

Book bought for my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment