Image Map

Apr 28, 2015

The Perfect Bookmark...

What do you use for a bookmark?
Do you grab any old thing, or do you try to find a bookmark to fit the book?
I have tons of bookmarks from being a librarian for years and years.  Someday I will actually give them to kids, but mostly I only do if someone asks.
I do try to match the book I am reading to the bookmark I chose to use--sometimes just matching the color of the cover, sometimes the feel of the book, sometimes the theme of the book.
This is one of my favorites lately because it makes me giggle each time I see it:












I used this one when I was reading READY PLAYER ONE--it has kind of an 80's feel, right?








For all the bookmarks I have to chose from my go-to bookmarks are these paint chips I collected from Home Depot years ago.  They are from a Disney inspired line of paint and the names on them are awesome.  So, for two of the books I am currently reading I picked the PERFECT bookmarks:
The first is for the fairy tale book DEAREST and the paint names are "Princess Tiara" and "Fairytale Pink."  Awesome.  The second is for THE PENDERWICKS IN SPRING and the paints are called "Friendly Frog" and "Springtime Grass."  Perfect! 

What do you use for bookmarks?

1 comment:

  1. Love the paint chips Jana, now I have a use for all of those ones that I keep picking up. I always love the names that they pick! My bookmarks are a few homemade ones (doddles) that my kiddo made for me.

    ReplyDelete