Image Map

Apr 22, 2015

Mini Reviews: Play Me Backwards; Murder is Bad Manners; 3:59



3 frosted gingersnaps.

I started this book in the fall then took a break because the release date was so far away.  That probably wasn't the best idea because my interest waned greatly when I picked it back up.  Although I adored Hazel's voice and loved the setting, the mystery didn't really keep my interest.  I kept getting the teachers confused and there was a lot of clues and false leads to follow, which I didn't do very well.  Here is a link to the synopsis from GoodReads if you'd like to learn more about this book.








3 peanut butter cookies

This is a book that caught my attention when it first came out.  I downloaded an egalley but it expired before I had a chance to read it.  When I was looking at the shelves in my public library I came across it again and since I just love the playfulness of the cover I decided to read it.
I really liked Leon and have known a lot of Leons in my time.  The kids that just prefer to not put themselves out there, to not be exceptional, to just slack off.   They are also the kids that frustrate the heck out of teachers because they have so much more potential than they are exhibiting.  But you know what, you have the rest of your life to be stressed, why not relax when you are still young?  Too mature for a middle school library but I thought this was a fun read and many YA readers would enjoy it.  Here's the link to the synopsis from GoodReads if you'd like to learn more about this book.


4 frosted oatmeal cookies.

I loved the idea of the alternate reality in this book, but it wasn't an overly cheerful place to live.  Josie was kind of a pain in the butt in the beginning and the fact that she was so caught up in her perceived feelings for Nick, when she was the one that ignored him until he left her, was very annoying.   However, she got completely played by Jo and finally did some growing up to save herself, her friends and her family.  Interesting and suspenseful, I am buying this one for my library. Here's a link the synopsis from GoodReads if you'd like to learn more about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment