Image Map

Mar 13, 2015

Glad I Could Help...

My oldest son just called me from his high school (he's a junior).  This is how he started the conversation, in a whisper:

"Mom,  I need your help."

My stomach kind of clenched because he sounded so serious.  "Ok, what do you need?"

"It's kind of stupid and you might get mad."

At this point, I am concerned because this is pretty out of character to be calling during the school day.

"Carter, what do you need?"

Then he drops this bombshell:

"I'm in the library and I there are no librarians around and I need help finding a book."

I about peed myself laughing.  He was looking for The Great Gatsby and since he is a proud non-reader, much to my chagrin, had no idea what he was doing.  I guided him to the fiction section and to Fitzgerald where the book was waiting for him.

Glad I could help, that's what librarians do!

4 comments: