Image Map

Mar 12, 2013

Tween Tuesday: MG Must Read: The Menagerie by Tui T. Sutherland


This morning I checked my email and GoodReads had thoughtfully sent me an email letting me know that this book on my to-read shelf is now available.  I must've put it on that shelf quite sometime ago because I didn't remember it at all!  So I read the synopsis again and got really, really excited.  This book sounds awesome!  Here's the synopsis:
Logan Wilde is accidentally drawn into the mysterious, dangerous world of the Menagerie when he discovers a griffin hiding under his bed . . . and it leads him straight to the weirdest girl in seventh grade, Zoe Kahn.

Zoe is panicking. Her family has been guarding the Menagerie for centuries. If they don't get the cubs back fast, the whole place will be shut down. To save the griffins' lives, she's willing to break all the rules, even if it means letting an outsider like Logan help. But the real mystery remains: Is someone trying to sabotage the Menagerie?

Who let the griffins out...and why?
This make me think of Fablehaven (in fact one reviewer says it was to her what Fablehaven wasn't--what?!  Fablehaven was awesome!) but instead of turning me off it makes me want to read it even more!  I loved Fablehaven and look so forward to reading this one!

5 comments:

  1. I got that email from Goodreads too. Now that you mention it, it does kinda sound like Fabelhaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the danger of never checking your to-read shelf! Which is something I need to do more often!

      Delete
    2. I do need to check it more often but I'm always glad to get the email.

      Delete
  2. O coool. Great cover too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really cool! I can't believe it escaped me! I could have had ordered and here for my library by now!

      Delete