Image Map

Jan 9, 2013

My Thoughts: Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey

5 yummy M&M cookies.

Cover Love:  Nope.  Do not like this cover at all.

Why I Wanted to Read This:
This is one series that has kept my attention the whole time.  Book #5 ended with a lot of questions so I was even more excited to read this one!  Here's the synopsis from GoodReads:
In the thrilling conclusion of the Drake Chronicles, love and loyalties will be tested ... and proven once and for all.
Solange Drake has been officially crowned Queen of the Vampires, fulfilling the centuries old prophecy that foretold the rise to power of a daughter born to an ancient vampire line. Except Solange's thoughts and actions are no longer her own—she's been slowly being possessed by the spirit of Viola, the first daughter born into the Drake line, since her bloodchange. And instead of uniting the vampire tribes under the rule of an ancient daughter as the prophecy predicted, Viola would rather destroy them all and enslave humans in a personal vendetta for the devastation both wrought to her life centuries ago. Can Solange break her hold in time to save everyone she loves from a vampire civil war, hunter attack, and each other? Not everyone will survive the prophecy . . . perhaps not even her.
Romance:  Some, but that's not what this book is about.

My Thoughts:
There were a lot of loose ends that Ms. Harvey needed to  tie up, and she did a masterful job of doing just that.  I even likes Lucy more by the end of this book!  I really like Lucy & Nicholas together.

The thing I really liked was that one of the big issues was cleared up in the middle, but then a whole other thing happened!  There was much going on.  I couldn't really follow the end fight but it didn't take away from my enjoyment.

I do wish that some of the other brothers had found romance, but I was glad that the relationships we had come to enjoy all stayed together (most of them...).

The whole new world and vampire mythology that was created in the Drake Chronicles was very enjoyable.  It was very worth reading the whole series!

I am not going to say much more about this book because you need to read the series!  If you haven't already, do it!

To Sum Up:  This is a fun series, really enjoyable.  I have them all in my library and talk them up to everyone.  Good vampire stuff, new mythology and romance!

eGalley requested and received from Bloomsbury via NetGalley.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment