Image Map

Oct 11, 2012

I Love the Library!

Picture this:

Cool, crisp autumn evening.  Small town USA.  Old library building on a quiet street surrounded by trees whose leaves are changing color.  It's a wonderful experience.  Just walking into the public library in my town relaxes me.  I step through the doors and take a deep breath and tension just fades away.


(here's a picture as requested)(it was obviously not taken in the fall though)

It's one reason that I became a librarian.  I love my job, but it's not relaxing.  When I walk into the school each morning there are kids waiting outside the door.  From the moment I open them kids needs something and I am busy.  Then when I have down time it;s not really down time.  It's just busy.  A wonderful, good kind of busy, but busy.

But I don't have to work at the public library, I can just breathe in the books.

I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful!
    I have only one complaint, I want a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at a public library, and used to be an Art Teacher at a public school. I know what you mean! Things get chaotic at school. In the public library, there are a lot more chances for one on one interaction with the kids.

    ReplyDelete