Image Map

Sep 29, 2011

Roald Dahl is My Hero

This month is Roald Dahl month. There are two children's book authors that sit high atop pedestals in my life. Beverly Cleary and Roald Dahl. All. Time. Favorites. Here are some Roald Dahl facts about my life for you all:

*Favorite book of all time: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (followed closely by James and the Giant Peach).

*One year for Christmas when we were dating my husband gave me a gift certificate (pre-gift card era) to a B.Dalton bookstore (they don't even exsist anymore) with the promise that he would drive me there, drop me off and let me shop as long as I liked. (This may sounds awful, but he whined and complained terribly whenever we went to bookstores together, so it truly was a gift. And at the time my little town did not have a decent bookstore so to go to one in the city and have all the time I needed was pretty awesome) I bought hardback copies of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. The versions before the Quentin Blake illustrations, which were the ones I wanted.


*The new audio versions of James and Charlie are amazing. They are done by Jeremy Irons (James) and Eric Idle (Charlie). Perfection!

*While I adore both versions of the movie the first one holds the most special place because it contained the song Pure Imagination. (& I have to say it, Gene Wilder is a better Willie Wonka than Johnny Depp)

What are your Roald Dahl memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment