Image Map

Jun 13, 2011

Review: He's So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott

4 yummy 7 Layer Bars.

Cover Love: Yes! I like these covers and it matches the other one.

Why I Wanted to Read This:
Because the first one ended on quite a cliffhanger! Here's the synopsis from Good Reads:

Ally Ryan, come on down to the Jersey Shore and forget your troubles!

Have you recently been humiliated in front of your friends and family at your former best friend's birthday party? Was your almost boyfriend partly responsible for that humiliation by withholding some vital information about where your estranged father is? Did you come home to find said estranged father sitting on your stoop?

If so, then it sounds like you could use a vacation! The Jersey Shore is the place to be. Your mother may be living with her boyfriend of only a few months, but at least the stunt Shannen pulled has put some of your friends back in your court. Even so, you're still angry and what better way to get over Jake than to blow off some steam with local guy, Cooper? People will hardly recognize your new attitude, but the old one wasn't getting you anywhere, so who cares!

Jake Graydon, an exciting opportunity is waiting for you in the service industry!

Are your grades so low your parents have grounded you for the summer? Did you the girl you really like unceremoniously leave you behind? Would you rather eat dirt than see your friends again? Then a job at the local coffee shop is just the ticket! Surprisingly, Ally's father is the new manager so you get to be reminded of her nearly every day. Maybe it's time to start flirting with your best friend's ex or even taking school a bit more seriously. Especially when you finally see Ally and she's hanging around with some loser and it's couldn't be more clear that she is over you.

Have a great summer!



I Kept Reading Because: I Wanted Ally & Jake to get back together!

Romance?: Yes. Lots of different ones, but only one I root for!

What I Liked (& Didn't):
First of all, it is a rare author that can make two characters that aren't overly likeable that you really like and root for! Both Ally & Jake are selfish, but so realistic, so teenager-ish!

Ally was way more strong in the first book, ready to face life without the Cresties. This book she really wallowed, but I would have too! She got nothing but crap last book and she deserved a few months of being not herself!

And Jake did some growing. He is such a clueless boy! He truly doesn't get why Ally is ever mad at him, but he matured immensely. I started having more of a crush on him! He does care way too much about what people think (more like his mom than he would ever want to admit).

Although Jake is the BEST teen crush name (Jake Ryan anyone?!).

Again, I liked the two points of view.

I started out hating Shannen, but she even became forgivable towards the end of the book.

I wonder who the "he" in the title is, because I think we've seen pretty clearly that for Ally, Jake is totally worth it! (I am guessing Cooper).

But, Ally's mom. I wish we'd seen some of her point of view because I really disliked her. I understand that she was fed up with Ally. I understand she was ready to move on from her marriage and fall in love again, but I felt she never once looked at things from Ally's side. She did try thrusting Ally's old friendships on her, she did try pushing the new "family" too much. I am sorry but if my child had to go through what Ally did at Shannen's birthday I would not be so quick to have her be friends with any of those people again. In fact, typing this right now is riling me up again!

To Sum Up: Great summer read! Can't wait for the next one.

Egalley received from Simon & Schuster Galley Grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment