Image Map

Apr 14, 2011

Review: Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon


3 pretty good peanut butter blossoms.


Cover Love:
Yes, I like this cover. I like how the model looks as if he is standing on the edge of a choice. Fits with the book.

Why I Wanted to Read This:
I have heard several really positive reviews of this book so I finally decided to give it a try. Here's the synopsis from Good Reads:

At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?



I Kept Reading Because:
The author did a great job of giving the reader crumbs to follow. I haven't read any of the author's grown up books about Dark-Hunters so I kept reading to find out just why Nick was so important to everyone.

What I Liked (& Didn't):
This book had a fast paced plot with a lot of action. It moved along quite quickly. However, I didn't really like Nick. He had such a huge chip on his shoulder and was so down on himself. I know he's a teen and that all of it made more sense in the end, it just made me uncomfortable as I read.

His mom also drove me nuts. She just never stopped with her own opinions long enough to listen to Nick. Most scenes with her bothered me.

This book did make me want to learn more about the Dark Hunters and the whole world Nick lives in, it piqued my interest for sure.

There were a lot of loose ends that didn't get tied up, makes me look forward to reading the sequel.

To Sum Up: This is a book that resonates well with it's target audience. Students in my school have loved it and are excited for the sequel. Since I want to know more about Nick I am looking forward to the sequel as well.

Book from my personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment