Image Map

Nov 4, 2010

Publishing Trend: Teen Superhoeroes

I have noticed a lot of books being published that have teen or tween age kids gaining super powers. I have read most of these and really enjoyed them! Here's the ones I can recall lately (feel free to add to this list for me!):

Hero by Mike Lupica-I reviewed this one yesterday--good start to a probable series!

Archvillian by Barry Lyga-I read and reviewed this over the summer. Good humor and a good set up for a series. I am looking forward to the next one.

Eighth Grade Superzero by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich-This one has been on my to-read shelf for quite sometime. It was out last winter and got some great reviews. I am going to get to it soon, I swear!!

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman-a much darker version of a superhero story. I read and reviewed this one last spring. Not quite a classic superhero tale, but it has lots of good twists!

Powerless by Matt Cody--This one has a main character who doesn't have any powers. He encounters a group of tweens who do have superpowers. It's a good read that shows you don't need powers to be a superhero! I read this one and really enjoyed it but haven't yet reviewed it for my blog.

The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell--I loved this one (read my review here)! I am really hoping it is a series because I really want to know what happens to Damien!

The Quantum Prophecy by Michael Carroll--This is a series about a new generation of superheroes. I haven't read this one yet but this series is super popular in my library. There are four books available.

What ones am I missing?

2 comments:

  1. Good theme. Renegade X is the only book I'm aware of. I loved that book, even though it was a little silly. I should look up the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... You're the expert! Um, I kind of think of the Time Riders as superheroes of sorts, though not traditional ones with powers. How about the Percy Jackson books?

    ReplyDelete