Image Map

Sep 24, 2010

Coming Home

Last week I started listening to the audio book of The Off Season. Right away I was filled with these feelings of contentment, like I was coming home. I read Dairy Queen last spring and really liked it, but didn't realize how much I missed DJ and her family until I started listening to this book. It just felt so right.

Another series that did this for me was Jan Karon's Mitford books. Oh man, these are such good, comforting books.

What about you? What series or characters or setting just fills you with contentment and comfort? A place you'd like to visit in real life if you could--but since you can't you look forward to visiting by picking up a book.

1 comment:

  1. You'll think I'm weird, but since you already think that, I'm probably safe. LOL. The Inkheart Series does that for me like no other book ever has. The Fablehavens are a close second. :-)

    ReplyDelete