Image Map

Jul 14, 2010

Re-Imagined Fairy Tales


This week while I was at the beach I was reading Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce. One of my relatives asked me what it was about and I said "It's a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood." The next day I was reading Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George and the same relative asked me what that one was about. I started to say, "It's a retelling of Cinderella," but ended up just giggling because I was reading two re-tellings in a row, which I do not normally do. It was just funny to me.

Enjoy this Fractured Fairy Tale--remember these from The Rocky & Bullwinkle show? I showed these to my fourth and fifth graders all year last year when we had extra time--they loved them.


Anyway, what re-imagined fairy tale is a favorite of yours?

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! I can't imagine how that would happen...well maybe I can (hehe). I'm loving all the retellings! I have Sisters Red on my to-read pile for the upcoming "Once Upon A Week" event over at Today's Adventure and I can't wait to dig into it next week!

    ReplyDelete