Image Map

Mar 1, 2010

Lockdown & Audiobooks Success!


I am reading Lockdown by Alexander Grodon Smith. It's pretty good and very obviously the first of a series. So here are my feelings, I am not sure it is good enough to keep me reading through the first book, although I have seen from reviews that this one ends on quite the cliffhanger. I just don't know that the story can be stretched far enough for three books.
I am still really into this one and since the next one has only been published in the UK I guess I will wait and see how I feel when I reach taht huge cliffhanger. This is what has happened with The Knife of Never Letting Go and The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness. I loved The Knife. It was awesome. And it ended on a HUGE cliffhanger. So, I actually got The Ask and the Answer from England because it was published there four or five months before here. And that one ended on a HUGE cliffhanger. Now there is a part of me that is so excited to read the conclusion, but a part of me that doesn't want to read it at all. There is a lot of pain for the lead characters in those books and if I have to sit through so much more pain for a maybe happy ending...I am just not sure I can.

On the other hand...
My son has to read a science fiction book this trimester. He has picked Catching Fire as the book he wants to read. This is huge because we listened to The Hunger Games on our family vacation over Christmas. He loved it, so much so that he really wants to know what happens. Audiobooks ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment