Image Map

Jan 13, 2010

Tween Tuesday (Wednesday Edition): Christian Burch and the Manny

I love the Manny. He first came to my attention in The Manny Files by Christian Burch. His story continues in Hit the Road Manny and I hope it keeps going with more books. I dare anyone who reads the Manny to not want to be like the Manny. He is so much fun! He makes me want to be a better teacher and parent. Wait, I take that back, I know several people who would not want to be like the Manny and would complain about the book as a whole. That's why I will probably not buy it for my library.

You see, the Manny is gay.

Sadly, where I live there would be a lot of people who have a problem with a book like this being available to their kids. And that is so unfortunate because they are missing out on a truly fun book and a great character in the Manny.

Personally I am going to get The Manny Files for my sixth grade son to read because, first and foremost, it is a funny book. Laugh out loud funny. And that's what he likes to read.

I give both of these books 5 cookies because I smile and laugh while reading them. They are light hearted and fun and make me want to be light hearted and fun also.

No comments:

Post a Comment