Image Map

Jan 4, 2010

Top 10 List

So here my list for the Fuse #8 Poll. I started by brainstorming favorite books. Then I would look at my library shelves, see some I missed and make changes. When I had 10 I was pretty sure deserved to be on my list I ranked them. I know that even though I have sent this off I will think of ones I missed, but for now, my top ten:

1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
*has always been my favorite book. I could read it three times a year and never tire of it.
2. Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
*I love Ramona and she brings back such fond reading memories for me. I also loved reading Nancy Drew when I was younger. Who wants to bet no Nancy Drew book makes the poll because could you honestly just have one favorite Nancy Drew book?
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
*then again, this has to count as my favorite Harry book. Probably because this one came out just when the craze was starting, so I read it a few times during the wait for #4.
4. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
*another one I could read every year.
5. Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary
*Henry is awesome. I read them when I was younger and have listened to all the audio version with my sons. I don't think that last year I would have added this book on the list, but since listening to them and sharing them with my boys I have lots of warm and fuzzy feelings about Henry!
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1 by Jeff Kinney
*first of all, laugh out loud funny. second of all, I checked it out because I had heard reluctant boy readers (hello son #1) might like it. It lay on the floor of my bedroom until said reluctant reader picked it up and asked if he could read it. He zoomed through it. Any book that both my sons and I love is worth it's weight in gold!
7. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
*I just love the Penderwick girls. I want them for my daughters.
8. Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
*I loved this book so much. I recommend it to everyone and have never had anyone say they didn't like it. As a bonus, the illustrator and cover artist lives in my town!
9. Homer Price by Robert McCloskey
*one I loved from my childhood. It holds up and is still fun to read today.
10. The Giver by Lois Lowry
*the book that sparked my love for dystopian novels. When I discovered Gathering Blue and The Messenger and realized they were sequels I jumped for joy!

1 comment:

  1. Great list - including the posts above. I have been reading Stuart Little to my kindergartner and was looking for some more books to move on to. This is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete