Image Map

Jan 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

The family vacation was a blast. Of course I didn't get much reading done. I finished Crocodile Tears. I LOVE Alex Rider, seriously. If you've never picked one up you need to. I will cover this on my next Tween Tuesday. I also read Hit the Road Manny. I love the Manny books, but the rest of the time was taken up with audiobooks and family fun. This month is "read from my collection" month. I have several new books in my library that I want to read so I am going to get going on those. First up Erec Rex: The Monsters of Otherness. I read the first Erec Rex after seeing several really positive reviews. It was good, but not great. I felt like the author was trying to hard to create a Harry Potter world. Now, that might be unfair, but I have felt that about several new series since Harry came out. I love that this series of books has spawned readers and writers, but sometimes I think they (authors, publishers, whatever) try a bit too hard. I had a friend who has read them all (Erec Rex) and loved them, so I am giving them another chance!

We finished The Hunger Games, my whole family loved it. I also have gotten them hooked on The Lightning Thief (my husband is laying in bed listening to it as I write). This is so much fun because we will all be looking forward to the movie in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment