Image Map

Nov 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Break & Nostalgic Read of the Month

First of all, this is hysterical.

I didn't get hardly any reading done over the break. I finished Rampant. I sat down next to my husband one day as he was watching football. As a common courtesy (not because he actually cares) he asked me what I was reading. I told him the name and then he actually said "What's it about?" I had to giggle because how can you tell someone you are reading a book about man-eating, murderous unicorns? You just can't, not with a straight face. It was a decent book, though, I'd give it 3 1/2 cookies.

Now I am reading Mark Teague's The Doom Machine. He is one of my favorite illustrators and so far this book is not disappointing me. His humor comes through and the illustrations are great.

I am also reading Mr. Pudgins. This is my nostalgic book. This is the reason I love the internet. I always remembered reading a book about pop coming out of sink faucets. That was all I remembered and after a few years of trying to get a title I found a site that told me the title and then I found a copy at a used bookstore website. AWESOME! It's as fun as I remember.

1 comment: