Image Map

Sep 16, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

Well, it's taken me a few days to get caught up with the fact that it is Book Blogger Appreciation Week. Yesterday's post was about reading habits. I thought I'd answer a few of their questions for the fun of it!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
*not as a rule, but if something sounds good I will go ahead and have something while I read. right now my favorite reading snack is strawberry milk (yum!).
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
*I mark cookbooks, but not so much other books because I am normally reading a library book.
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
*I used to be a dog ear-er but after getting yelled at by my brother for dog earing one of his hardback Stephen King books I became a bookmarker. I use paint chips from Home Depot as bookmarks (or whichever one my son has made me).
Laying the book flat open?
*always closed
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
*fiction.
Hard copy or audiobooks?
*BOTH!
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
*if I am reading in bed or the bathtub I will go to the end of the chapter. If I am just trying to slip a few pages in here or there I can put it down at any point. I do sometimes read ahead...just to see if I am going to like where the book ends up.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
*never. I skip it. In fact, I am really bad at phonetically figuring out names so I normally skip the ones I don't know.
What are you currently reading?
*Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (AWESOME!)
What is the last book you bought?
*hmmmm....that's a tough one. The last book I got at a book store was an ARC of Catching Fire that I won! Really I am a library book person. But, I can tell you the next book I am going to buy: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (for my library, for my sons and for me!).
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
*normally one at a time but if I am doing two very different genres then I can have two going. or if I am not loving one, but still want to finish it I can take a break and then come back to it later.
Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
*at night before falling asleep or in the bathtub
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
*both
Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
*right now it is The Hunger Games
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
*public library books, my library books, my personal books--these by genre, series and size

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that other people skip ahead!:) And I loved Shiver-it was an amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have occasionally used paint swatches from Home Depot. My Reading Meme

    ReplyDelete