Image Map

Mar 13, 2009

Dystopia-Mania

I love books about futuristic societies (and up until this fall I didn't realize that this whole genre is call "dystopian novels").

But, it's getting to me.

I loved The Hunger Games and The Knife of Never Letting Go. The Shadow Children series and The Ember books are some of my favorites. This goes way back to John Christopher whose Tripod books still rank so high for me (and several other series like that he did). (Maybe it goes back as far as The Stand, but that was more about picking up the pieces than a society who had already picked up the pieces).

But, it is finally getting to me.

I am reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth, so engrossing. It just grabs you. I had a hard time sleeping because for the first time I started thinking about things being wiped out. All the comforts, all the people, it could seriously bog me down.

I need to finish this book and shake it off and read something super light, like Allie Finkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment