Image Map

Dec 3, 2008

It's been such a long time since I have posted--since September. I want to keep posting here so that I can have a book review site along with all of my others.

Here's what I have read that I have LOVED:

Love, Ruby Lavender; Each Little Bird That Sings; The Aurora County All Stars all by Deborah Wiles.

All three of these were excellent reads. The kind where it never says what time period the story takes place in and even though you are pretty sure it takes place in the current day and age, they have a kind of timeless feel to them. they are also books I am buying for my personal library because I would love to read them again someday!
I am going to try and have Carter read The Aurora County All Stars for the Warnell Book Club.

Speaking of the Warnell Book Club we have two books to discuss when we have dinner (hopefully on Sunday):

The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones and Beyond the Spiderwick: A Giant Problem. We also have been active on the 39 Clues website, finishing our first mission and getting three of the clues. The games on there are a lot of fun! The Spiderwick Chronicles also has a fantastic website.

I am reading a HYSTERICAL book called Knucklehead by Jon Scieszka.
He has written a bunch of books--Time Warp Trio and The Stinky Cheese Man. This is a book about him growing up the second of six boys (can you imagine?). As long as you don't mind hearing about "pee" or "farting" this book is for you. I am loving it (another one for my personal library).

I have been reading a lot and have a plan to read 10 books this holiday season, here's that list:






Have a good Holiday Season and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment