Image Map

Jul 9, 2008

June Reading

So, in June I decided to turn in all my library books and just focus on the books I have bought over the last few months to get me through the rest of the summer. I did pretty well, but did read some library books. Here's what I read (for children/young adults):








I really liked Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Moving Day by Meg Cabot. Allie is an adorable girl but my favorite character is Erica (I think that is her name) because if I had a daughter I am a bit sure that this is kind of what she would be like.

Barnstormers was okay. I think if I read some of the other books in the series I would like them better, but the first one didn't really leave me wanting more. A good reading level though and if you like baseball you might find more to like.

The Beloved Dearly by Doug Cooney was good--I really liked the characters. It had that innocence feel but set in modern times.

I decided to read The Various by Steve Augarde because it was mentioned in The Penderwicks. I didn't love it, kind of long, but really clever fantasy elements!

I LOVED Once Upon a Marigold, so I was really looking forward to Twice upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris. It did not disappoint, but was not quite as good as the first.

The Saturdays is an old book so it just feels innocent. I love these types. I am reading Homer Price out loud to my sons for the same reason. There are more in this series that I will probably try after this summer, or when I need to harken back to a simpler time...

Clementine is a Ramona for the new millennium. Clementine's Letter is the third in the series. I adored this one. These are always fun, quick reads.

Gilda Joyce is another heroine that I adore. She is quirky and silly and very full of herself. It makes her stories fun to read. This is the second in her series.

I am currently on the second Skulldugery Pleasant. These are VERY good books as well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment