Image Map

Dec 4, 2014

My Thoughts: My True Love Gave To Me

5 soft and spicy gingersnaps.

Cover Love:  I love this cover and one thing I realized is that each pair of skaters is modeled after a romantic pairing in the book!

Why I Wanted to Read This:
I love little Christmas stories so I checked this out, but wasn't sure I would actually get it read.  Then I read the forward and when Stephanie Perkins talked about her love for cheesy Christmas movies and how that brought about the idea for this book I knew I had to read it!

Romance?:  In every story!

My Thoughts:
This book is wonderful and perfect for the Christmas season.  Magical things can happen during Christmas and that's what this book reminds us. 

There are a few YA authors with stories in this book that I haven't read before and this allowed me to sample their writing.  In particular, my favorite story was the one by Kiersten White.  I have always meant to read her books but just haven't gotten around to it.  I think I will give them a try now because I loved her story.  Same with Matt de la Pena's story.

All in all, there wasn't a story in this book that I didn't like.  I whipped through it and was sorry to see it end!

To Sum Up:  Wonderful Christmas romance story anthology.  One I can see myself re-reading each holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment