Image Map

Jun 25, 2015

My Thoughts: Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten

3 soft chocolate whoopie pies.

Cover Love:
Yes!  I think it's eye catching and raises questions.  Made me want to read this book to see what it was about.

Why I Wanted to Read This:
The cover and the synopsis made me want to read this.  Here it is from Good Reads:
Gone Girl meets 13 Reasons Why in this stylish, sexy, and atmospheric story about friendship packed with twists and turns that will leave you breathless.

They say Delia burned herself to death in her stepfather's shed. They say it was suicide.

But June doesn't believe it.

June and Delia used to be closer than anything. Best friends in that way that comes before everyone else-before guys, before family. It was like being in love, but more. They had a billion secrets, tying them together like thin silk cords.

But one night a year ago, everything changed. June, Delia, and June's boyfriend Ryan were just having a little fun. Their good time got out of hand. And in the cold blue light of morning, June knew only this-things would never be the same again.

And now, a year later, Delia is dead. June is certain she was murdered. And she owes it to her to find out the truth...which is far more complicated than she ever could have imagined.

Sexy, dark, and atmospheric, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls will keep you guessing until the very last page.
Romance?:  Nothing to get excited about, but that's not what this book was about.

My Thoughts:
There is a lot about this book that can't be discussed because it gives to much away.  Just know it is a very psychological book (however if I had read the synopsis a little more closely I might have guessed some of the twists).  So many times I wanted to just read the last few pages so I knew what happened, but I thought it would probably be worth it to keep going through.  (I do that sometimes when I am having trouble staying into a book--lots of time reading the ending will make me more interested in reading the middle to see how it ended up where it did!)

June does A LOT of infuriating things, and several times I wanted to reach into the book and just shake her and say,  "THINK!!"  She was just so easily led around by everyone!  Her memories of Delia are so weird, they truly were like one person.

There was a lot about this book that I found unbelievable, I wonder if the author did a lot of research.  I did find it interesting, fascinating even.  I was such a goody in high school I always like reading about ids who aren't.  But the kids in this book are not just partiers or out having sex, they are doing some really weird stuff.

Overall, it was an intriguing read, I was just left a little unsatisfied with the conclusion.  And a few things that happened before that.

To Sum Up:  If you want a read with an interesting twist, give this one a try.

ARC sent from Simon & Schuster.  Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment