Image Map

Apr 3, 2015

My Thoughts: Top Ten Clues You're Clueless

 3 M&M Cookies.

Cover Love:
It's cute and probably very eye catching in the right environment, just not my favorite cover.

Why I Wanted to Read this:
I liked the synopsis and saw some really positive reviews.  It was also compared to The Breakfast Club, which is one of the best movies of all time. Here the synopsis is from Good Reads:

Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day

5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market

4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi

3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm

2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)

1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000

Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.
Romance?: Yes, but nothing that over takes the book.

My Thoughts:
This book was definitely a take on The Breakfast Club, and I really liked the more diverse group of kids.   I also like the fact that it happened outside of school.  Work environments always tend to allow different types of kids so, unlike The Breakfast Club, I can see this group remaining friends of awhile.

There was one thing really holding me back from giving myself over to this book: I just didn't like Sammi.  At all.  I would kind of cringe when I was reading a scene with her in it, and, unfortunately, the author wrote a lot of scenes with her in them.  Sammi kind of takes over the book.
And it's not like her behavior was never explained, it kind of was, but not very well.  Chloe brings up a few good points, "Can't you be different without being mean?" 

I am glad the romance was not a main focus or that Chloe let it control her. I loved her lists though.  I am a list maker, but not to Chole's level, she is just awesome.  I did get frustrated with her not telling anyone that she had diabetes, even when she was obviously having issues because of it.  There has to come a point when health is more important than pride!

I loved the little mystery as well.  I didn't guess who the culprit was, but I wasn't surprised by who it was either.

To Sum Up:  Great read with mostly a great cast of characters.  Will be a hit in my library!

No comments:

Post a Comment