Image Map

Jan 26, 2015

Grantchester on PBS

Have you been watching this yet?  It is so good!  The first thing that caught my eye was Robson Green, I have adored him for years.  Then, I watched Happy Valley over Christmas break and James Norton was so good and scary as Tommy Lee Royce.  I wanted to see how he would do as a good guy because he was so perfect as a psycho.  (If you haven't watched that on Netflix, do so now!)  Plus, it is British and a mystery series set in the 50's.  My excitement level for the first episode was through the roof.  And it is good!  So good!  I really wish I had waited until all 6 episodes were out so I could binge watch, however, I like having something to look forward to every Sunday night.  But, here lies my problem.  These mysteries are based on a books series by James Runcie.  I guess the format is a little unusual because the whole first season--6 mini mysteries--is based on the first book.  And since I am loving the world of Grantchester so much I really want to read the first book.  But, I don't want to know all the answers.    I did put books 1 & 2 on hold at my library and there is no guarantee that I would get them before the show is done airing.  I might never read book 1 if I don't get it until after the show is over, but I will read book 2!

It's just hard to think of anything else right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment