July 7, 2014

Summer Report

I have been doing a lot of stuff so far this summer, but not reading much.  Here's what has been capturing my attention:

The World Cup:  We are a big soccer family and have been loving the games so far.  So sad the US is out, but now I am free to root for Germany!  Man, there are some really good looking soccer palyers out there.

Haven:  My sister had been after me to watch this series for awhile so when school got out I gave it a try.  LOVED it!  Went through all four seasons (they are shorter because it's a Syfy series) in record time.  Great show!  I have also been catching up on shows I DVRed this spring--like Orphan Black and Penny Dreadful. 


Tattoos:  I got a new tattoo (my sister and I got matching ones).  Because of this, I haven't been able to take a bath, which is something I do once or twice a week and a place I get a lot of reading done.  In fact, I went rafting yesterday and the scab came off before it was supposed to on account of it being wet a lot so I am hoping I didn't wreck it!  I will go in Monday and see if I did and if they can fix it. 

Salmon River:  We are part of a group going to raft the main stem of the Salmon River in Idaho this summer.  It takes a lot of planning because we will be on the river for six days and five nights.  I am not a huge fan of camping, but my family is so excited and they give me the courage to step out of my comfort zone.  

ADD:  I know I shouldn't make light of ADD but I feel like I have it lately when it comes to books.  I have a huge stack that I brought home from school and more on my Nook.  I am so excited about reading most of them so I have a hard time staying focused on one.  I did read Half Bad pretty quickly (reviewed that last week) but other than that I just always feel like starting a new one, even if I just started a new one!

How is your summer going so far?!

1 comment:

  1. Love the tattoo. I am not fond of needles, so I don't think I could actually sit through one myself, but you can't beat that one. Sounds like we've had the same kinds of distractions so far this Summer, I haven't been able to sit down and really get into a book. And it's killing me cause I have some really good ones that I want to read, plus the ones that need to get back to the library. We've finally got some rafting in on the Swan River, now that the level is a little less rapid. Hope you have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think. I love to read your comments!