Image Map

Jul 7, 2014

Summer Report

I have been doing a lot of stuff so far this summer, but not reading much.  Here's what has been capturing my attention:

The World Cup:  We are a big soccer family and have been loving the games so far.  So sad the US is out, but now I am free to root for Germany!  Man, there are some really good looking soccer palyers out there.

Haven:  My sister had been after me to watch this series for awhile so when school got out I gave it a try.  LOVED it!  Went through all four seasons (they are shorter because it's a Syfy series) in record time.  Great show!  I have also been catching up on shows I DVRed this spring--like Orphan Black and Penny Dreadful. 


Tattoos:  I got a new tattoo (my sister and I got matching ones).  Because of this, I haven't been able to take a bath, which is something I do once or twice a week and a place I get a lot of reading done.  In fact, I went rafting yesterday and the scab came off before it was supposed to on account of it being wet a lot so I am hoping I didn't wreck it!  I will go in Monday and see if I did and if they can fix it. 

Salmon River:  We are part of a group going to raft the main stem of the Salmon River in Idaho this summer.  It takes a lot of planning because we will be on the river for six days and five nights.  I am not a huge fan of camping, but my family is so excited and they give me the courage to step out of my comfort zone.  

ADD:  I know I shouldn't make light of ADD but I feel like I have it lately when it comes to books.  I have a huge stack that I brought home from school and more on my Nook.  I am so excited about reading most of them so I have a hard time staying focused on one.  I did read Half Bad pretty quickly (reviewed that last week) but other than that I just always feel like starting a new one, even if I just started a new one!

How is your summer going so far?!

2 comments:

  1. Love the tattoo. I am not fond of needles, so I don't think I could actually sit through one myself, but you can't beat that one. Sounds like we've had the same kinds of distractions so far this Summer, I haven't been able to sit down and really get into a book. And it's killing me cause I have some really good ones that I want to read, plus the ones that need to get back to the library. We've finally got some rafting in on the Swan River, now that the level is a little less rapid. Hope you have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching Haven too! I stumbled across it on Netflix and it's been my latest show to watch. I'm about halfway through the first season and definitely glad there are three more to go. It feels like a lighter, homier X-Files.

    ReplyDelete