Image Map

May 27, 2014

How I Spent My Weekend

This weekend I discovered The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Emma Approved on YouTube. They are adorable, fun, modern adaptions of Emma and Pride and Prejudice.  If you haven't watched either of these, give them a try, I don't think you will be sorry.  I love that they are so multi-platform--videos, twitter, instagram, blogs, pinterest--it's completely genius--and a huge time suck.
I loved The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and have always loved Pride & Prejudice, but have to say, I like Emma better.  I love that when the story starts Emma is kind of annoying, but as you get to know her, you can't help but love her--she truly has other's best interests at heart.

And Mr. Knightley has always, always been my favorite Austen hero.  Bingley is too nice, Wickham is just gross and I don't like how emotionless Darcy is.  It's always been Knightley for me (with Jonny Lee Miller being my favorite Knightley, so far).

And this adaption of Emma is so completely adorable I can barely stand it!  The actors playing Emma and Knightley are wonderful and play their characters perfectly.  I just can't stop watching! And making Emma  lifestyle a coach was genius.

Emma Approved is in the middle of their series, I think new episodes come out again next Monday.  I wish I hadn't discovered it until the end so I could watch the whole thing and finally see them realize their love for each other.  (The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is all over so you can watch that complete series).

(and here's my secret, even though I am a reader and librarian I have never read Austen.  Ever. But have decided that I will read Emma this summer because it's my favorite)

Anyway, I hope you take a look at these shows, they are so good!

Emma Approved Social Sites:
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Blog


2 comments:

  1. I've been trying Lizzie and I LOVE it so far. I have the others bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved TLBD! I haven't seen the Emma series yet because I'm waiting for it to finish and I tell myself I'll definitely read Emma before the web series concludes (but like that's going to happen!).

    If you're looking for a good place to start with Austen, I can't help but put in a plug for my favorite Northanger Abbey. It's just good, silly fun and I love both leads.

    ReplyDelete