Image Map

Apr 2, 2014

The Power of Re-Reads

It seems like only last summer that I read The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner, but it was actually four summers ago. I convinced a young reader at my school to read them and he whipped through them so quickly and would come in so enthusiastic about them that I decided to reread them.  I just finished The King of Attolia, after finishing The Queen of Attolia the day before.  I read them so fast and just could not put them down.  They are amazing.

And that got me thinking, I need to reread more books.  I don't do it nearly enough.  I loved revisiting these characters and this world.  And it was relaxing!  It was nice to just read and enjoy.  Not that I ever read to not enjoy, it's just that sometimes I feel rushed.  Rushed to get the next book read to review here or to booktalk at school.  It was nice to go back to a world I love and just read to read.

I vow to reread more.

What series would you go back and reread today if you had time.  For that matter what series that you loved would you not go back and reread because it was too emotional for you?  (For me, I don't think I would ever reread the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness.  So amazing, so emotional)

2 comments:

  1. I'd read all of Harry Potter series, if I had all the uninterrupted time. I wouldn't re-read all of Hunger Games. I liked the 1st the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inkheart and Graceling - just need to live in a fantasy world once in awhile! Oh, and Outlander. I re-read the Divergent series before the movie came out. Revolution by Jennifer Donelly on audio(French accents), and yes, Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I can'n think of any I couldn't re-read, but that's why I never read Mockingjay-I think it will break my heart!

    ReplyDelete