Image Map

Mar 17, 2014

The Genius of The Thief

I am re-reading The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner.  I have gotten a couple of my boy readers into that series this year and it made me want to re-read it again.  I have to say, it is genius.  Even though I know how it ends, I know the twists, there is so little foreshadowing.  If you are reading it for the first time, there would be no way for you to know what happens.

I found one piece of foreshadowing after Gen gets rediscovered by the magus in the Attolians prison cells, but unless you know what is going to happen, it is written as part of the story so well that it doesn't seem like anything.  Wow.

And I just fall in love with Gen all over again.  I love to see how his relationship with the magus changes over the course of the books.  There is truly respect between these two!

And the first time we see him meet the Queen of Attolia.  It's so wonderful knowing what happens inlater books!  I do not think I will be able to stop at reading just The Thief.  I will have to read one!

I have been kept up late two night in a row re-reading this because it is just so good!  If you have never read this book, put it high on your TBR today!

1 comment:

  1. A reread is keeping you up? That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete