November 20, 2012

Tween Tuesday: Small Medium at Large by Joanne Levy

4 yummy peanut butter cookies.

Cover Love:
I think this is a darling cover!

Why I Wanted to Read This:
I saw the great reviews come out when it was first published and I wanted a fun, paranormal-ish book for my library.  This fits the bill!  Here's the synopsis from GoodReads:

After she’s hit by lightning at a wedding, twelve-year-old Lilah Bloom develops a new talent: she can hear dead people. Among them, there’s her overopinionated Bubby Dora; a prissy fashion designer; and an approval-seeking clown who livens up a séance. With Bubby Dora leading the way, these and other sweetly imperfect ghosts haunt Lilah through seventh grade, and help her face her one big fear: talking to—and possibly going to the seventh-grade dance with—her crush, Andrew Finkel.


Romance?:  Yes, a sweet little middle school romance!

My Thoughts:

Lilah was such a sweet character.  She took her new ability in stride and did her best to help everyone out who needed--both living and dead.

I loved how willing Lilah was to tell people about her new "gift" and how willing people were to believe her.

This story moved right along at and was a very easy read.  I liked how there wasn't a HUGE thing that had to be dealt with, but a few small issues along the way.  Problems getting solved quicker made for a quicker read.

Lilah and her first romance are just adorable!

There was humor and sweetness and I smiled  pretty much the whole time I read this book!

To Sum Up:  Such a fun, enjoyable read!  Lilah was sweet and a great middle grade character.  I have a copy for my library and already have a few readers who want to give it a go!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It just was! It just made me smile as I was reading it and I like books that do that!

      Delete
  2. This sounds great! I will have to look for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read. I've seen it around but not read it yet. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think. I love to read your comments!