Image Map

Sep 26, 2011

Review: Past Perfect by Leila Sales

4 yummy frosted maple cookies.

Cover Love:
While I don't think it has anything to do with the book, I really enjoy the cover!

Why I Wanted to Read This:
I actually read this during the summer when I was really into contemporary teen romances. This just fit in with the rest. Here's the synopsis from Good Reads:

All Chelsea wants to do this summer is hang out with her best friend, hone her talents as an ice cream connoisseur, and finally get over Ezra, the boy who broke her heart. But when Chelsea shows up for her summer job at Essex Historical Colonial Village (yes, really), it turns out Ezra’s working there too. Which makes moving on and forgetting Ezra a lot more complicated…even when Chelsea starts falling for someone new.

Maybe Chelsea should have known better than to think that a historical reenactment village could help her escape her past. But with Ezra all too present, and her new crush seeming all too off limits, all Chelsea knows is that she’s got a lot to figure out about love. Because those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it….



I Kept Reading Because: Leila Sales is super easy to read and I enjoyed the story.

Romance?: Yes!

What I Liked (& Didn't):
I loved the setting! I loved the historical village and I enjoyed how they had the war between the Civil War re-enactors and the colonial village. I loved how each group felt their era of history was superior to the other. Very clever.

I was glad that Dan was not this totally perfect guy. He had quirks, but he was worth Chelsea's time.

I thought that author did a great job writing a person having trouble with a break up. The insecurities Chelsea felt were so true to life! It really isn't easy moving on after the person you thought you loved breaks your heart!

Ezra was kind of a butthead and I liked that when Chelsea truly looked back on her relationship there were a lot of cracks that she tried glossing over.

Whether or not Chelsea and Dan are meant to be I was glad she was able to move on!

To Sum Up:
Good portrayal of moving on after a break up. Well written teen romance with a good romance.

1 comment: