Image Map

Aug 10, 2011

Picture Book Love: I Had a Favorite Dress


I was so excited when I got a copy of this book! Julia Denos has become one of my favorite illustrators. I adore her style so much--it is both whimsical and nostalgic. And it is just perfect for this book!

In this book a girl has a favorite dress that she wears on Mondays. When the dress gets to small and she gets very sad until her mom comes to the rescue and remakes the dress into a shirt. The story continues as the dress gets smaller and smaller. It is just a joyful story!

The design of this book is excellent (as all Amulet books are). The words dance the pages along with the illustrations. There is a cadence to the text as well. This would be an outstanding read aloud--fun for the reader and listener.

All in all this was an excellent picture book and a super fun read!

Book received from Laura at Amulet. Thanks so much Laura!

1 comment:

  1. Even though my girl is growing away from picture books she would love this story. We have lots of too-small-dresses that are now tops with leggings or jeans! She likes what she likes.

    The cover illustration is very whimsical and lovely.

    ReplyDelete