Image Map

Dec 6, 2010

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

4 spicy and chewy snickerdoodles.

Cover Love: It's okay. I love the luminescence of the actual cover (that you can't see so much in a picture), but I don't like that half of this cover is the model's hair.

Why I Wanted To Read This: So much buzz!! I had to read it after all the buzz and positive reviews.

I Kept Reading Because: It was good! Well written, great mythology between the Keepers and the Guardians and a lot of places for this story to go!

Romance?: Oh yes. I loved both of the boys that Calla has to chose from and although she is probably headed one way, I want happiness for the other guy as well.

What I Liked and Didn't: Like I said above I liked that we had two nice guys for Calla to chose from. I hope that the author continues to make both Shay and Ren nice guys and doesn't start having one be kind of like a villain.

The new twist on werewolves is awesome. I love that a werewolf can shift and all the things on them become part of them. It always bothers me when a werewolf shifts back and they are naked. I love how the author worked around this!

I am glad the parents were present, even if some of them were kind of icky. In fact, most of the grown-ups were kind of icky.

I like the whole interaction between Calla and Shay in the cave. Instead of bemoaning this division between them, it was taken care of swiftly. I was really glad of that!

This book leaves off in a great spot for the next book. I can't wait for it!

What I Would Like To See:
All the younger wolves to ban together and start the change. I want someone to come along to make the other boy Calla is not choosing to make him happy. I can't wait to find out what the Searchers purpose is and what Shay has to do with everything.

To Sum Up: I saw a review that called this book Twilight for werewolves. I did enjoy it so much and it was a great start to another wonderful paranormal romance!

Book checked out from the public library.

1 comment: