Image Map

Nov 23, 2010

Tween Tuesday: Clementine: Friend of the Week


5 wonderful frosted sugar cookies.

Tween Tuesday is hosted by Sarah at GreenBeanTeenQueen. Check her out!!

Cover Love: I love all the covers for the Clementine books! Mostly because I absolutely love Marla Frazee's illustrations.

Why I Wanted to Read This: I adore Clementine, all of the books are wonderful! Her's the synopsis from Good Reads:

It's Clementine's turn to be "Friend of the Week"! She gets to be line leader, collect the lunch money, and feed the fish. Even better, the other kids will make her a booklet, full of the things they value about having her in the class. After reading her friend Margaret's booklet, Clementine begins to get nervous and a little jealous —she has to get a great booklet now. Fortunately, she has a lot of astounding ideas for getting the kids to write great stuff about her. Unfortunately, just as she's working on the best one, something terrible happens to her beloved kitten Moisturizer. Worst of all, exactly when she needs a friend the most, Margaret lets her down.

Or does she...

I Kept Reading Because:
Clementine is such a good voice and her stories are always totally fun.

What I Liked (& Didn't):
This is the fourth book in Clementine's series. I love the way Clementine's mind works and the things she does. These are awesome books for those higher second grade readers and third graders.

I love how she has a crush on Mitchell but does not want to have a crush on Mitchell so she just says "if I ever did had a boyfriend, he'd do things like..."

If I had a daughter, I would hope there would be some Clementine to her!

What I Would Like to See: Just more and more fun from Clementine!

To Sum Up: Clementine books are super fun with adorable illustrations. These are also great read alouds.

Book checked out from my public library.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds cute. I just love that name too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to win this on a blog last month. It looks so dang adorable - I'm going to have to break down and buy this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds cute. Friend of the Week is an interesting concept. From your description, Clementine sounds like a Type A overachiever. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clementine is adorable! I read one of the books for my children's lit class last year and really liked her! She reminds me a bit of Ramona Quimby.

    ReplyDelete