Image Map

May 1, 2010

Food From Fiction: The Boneshaker (Roast Chicken)

The Boneshaker is a steampunk-ish book set in the American West in the 1860's. I am listening to the audio version and it is really good. How can a steampunk book that features the desolate, ruined town of Seattle that is inhabited by zombies make me hungry for roast chicken, you ask? Well, let me tell you. In the book one of the main characters is a boy named Zeke. Zeke finds his way into the ruined part of Seattle and after a series of events and several days finds himself dining with a mad scientist. He is served roast chicken and with as hungry as Zeke is he relishes the meal. It made me crave for my own roast chicken recipe and I decided that I will make it tomorrow night.

I found this recipe several years ago on the busy cooks section of about.com. It calls for the chicken to cook for about 5 hours at 250. This daunted me when I first read it, but the raves were so many that I finally decided to try it. It is awesome. Takes so much like a rotisserie chicken and although it takes a while to cook, the prep is pretty quick. So once it's in the oven, you can just forget about it! Here's the recipe for you to print and try if you'd like. You will feel so successful at the moist flavorful chicken you produce--and your family will love it!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I'm going to print this so my hubby can make it for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete