Image Map

Jan 14, 2009

Snobbery

It's amazing to me that Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3 came out yesterday and NONE of the "big" kidlit blogs mentioned it. I realize that there are levels to the book publishing world and that Diary, although being a best seller and a very heavily rotated book in every library, is not really considered "literature," but people need to get over their snobbery of certain books. This is a major book--the first one has been on the bestseller list for 90 weeks. I gave it to Carter yesterday and he read in the car, at the restaurant while we were waiting for dinner AND before bed instead of watching TV. The only other books he has read like that are the first two Diaries of a Wimpy Kid. I have over 30 kids on the waiting list for the three copies in my library. With action like this, I would always recommend this book!

**January 16: Well, I am more than a little embarrassed. I didn't think anyone ever came to this blog, so when I ranted above about the snobbery towards a certain book I felt pretty safe. Little did I know that it would be linked to from Fuse #8, one of the blogs I read religiously. I did a spit take with my coffee this morning when reading my bloglines and saw that. Miles away from anyone who might be seeing it and my face is still red!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't posted about it yet, but will this week. The long line of kids trying to take it form me made it difficult to finish. It was fun, not as good as the second one.

    ReplyDelete