Image Map

Apr 23, 2008

The Penderwicks

These are the sweetest, most heartwarming books around. I just love these little girls. I read the first Penderwicks a few years ago and it just gave me the best feeling. In a world where books are filled with tragedy and heartache and too much irony it's nice to read a book that just isn't. Some might say "that's not real world," but for lots of kids it is. Not everyone has huge problems to overcome. Some live with loving parents and siblings. That's what is so sweet about these books, they just feel good. I am so excited for the next one, but if the author chose to end it here that would be fine also, because it was a perfect story and a perfect ending. The second was better than the first, but since the first was so wonderful I would recommend either of them, highly!

No comments:

Post a Comment