Image Map

Nov 21, 2016

Added to the List #27


I was listening to a podcast this week that talked about this series of graphic novels, so I went to our public library to check them out.  This is the first one, which I have started but am not too far into.  I did check out all the other ones I could so that I could whip through them during Thanksgiving break.

I got a few books from Simon & Schuster and some from my public library this week. 
From Simon & Schuster:
Mars One by Jonathan Maberry: one of my favorite authors, this one I am very excited about reading. 
Baseball Genius by Tim Green & Derek Jeter: I am not a big fan of baseball stories so I will be handing this off to one of my students who does love baseball stories.
Confessions of a High School Disaster by Emma Chastain: This one looks darling.  Might be a perfect January read to get me through a cold winter day!
At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson: I think this one sounds so interesting. I haven't read anything by this author yet, so this one will be my first.
From my public library:
Raging Sea by Michael Buckley: This is the second in a series, I really enjoyed the first one but kind of forgot about continuing in the series until the third one popped up on Edelweiss. I hope to get this one read over Thanksgiving.
You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott: I don't read a ton of adult books, but I consider Megan Abbott to be more of a crossover author. Her books are always fascinating and quick reads. This one sounds especially good.
The Mirk and the Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson: I had this one checked out awhile ago but didn't get it read in time. It came back to my attention a bit ago and I decided to check it out again. I will get it read this time!
This past week the filming of A Wrinkle in Time was brought to my attention by this video. A Wrinkle in Time was a book I didn't get read until I was in my 30s, but I think that made me love it all the more, because I understood it better. Then I discovered that Chris Pine would be playing the father in the movie!  I adore him.  My excitement went through the roof but since I have to wait over a year for the movie, I decided to re-read the book!

 What have you added to your list this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment