Image Map

Apr 20, 2012

A Man Named Jack

 Last summer I was looking for something new and different to watch when nothing now or different was really on.  Luckily, I came across the show Whitechapel on BBC America.  If you haven't seen it you should find a way to get it watched--SUPER GOOD!  It is about an OCD police investigator (the darling Rupert Penry-Jones) who is put in charge of an investigation into  Jack the Ripper-esque murders.  Awesome.  I was hooked.  And it got me kind of fascinated in the story of Jack-the-Ripper.

So when Ripper by Stefan Petrucha was published last month I jumped all over reading it (here's my review).
And it got me thinking of all the other YA books about Jack the Ripper or Jack the Ripper copycats I have seen published recently.  Here are a few of them I thought of:


I am sure I am missing a bunch, but these are the ones that first came to mind.  I think our fascination with Jack is that he was never caught!  Creepy!
Have you read any Ripper novels recently?  Tell me about them!

2 comments:

  1. Name of the Star is on my wish list. I've never seen Past World, but it looks good and eerie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these are on my list! And in my collection here so I can read them whenever I want. Or have time.

      Delete